--GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON--

GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON

Translate

Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Spice for Life - Cayenne Pepper

Cayenne Pepper powder comes from  Red Hot Chili Peppers. The chili peppers are ground then sold as Cayenne Pepper powder. Originating from Cayenne in  French Guiana,  these truly amazing peppers are now being grown in many places around the world.

The Hunzas, Aztecs and Mayans all used Cayenne Pepper in their diets. Thankfully, the rest of the world has discovered Cayenne Pepper's culinary appeal and it's extraordinary  health benefits.

It's most therapeutic ingredient is "Capsaicin". The more capsaicin, the hotter the chili. The hotter the chili, the more healing properties the chili contains. Ounce for ounce, chili contain nine times the vitamin A of a green pepper and twice as much vitamin C as an orange. It is also high in minerals which include magnesium and potassium.

Cayenne Pepper is used by many to effectively prevent, treat and cure many common diseases, including breast, lung, prostate, and bladder cancers among others. It  also is used effectively for stopping heart attacks,  reducing nerve and muscle pain, in weight control, reducing symptoms of cluster and migrane headaches, preventing blood clots, improving cholesterol health, reducing heart rate, healing ulcers,  plus many others.

If you are not used to the hottness of Cayenne Pepper, but want to take a daily supplement of it, you may find it helpful to try taking it as a capsule first, then change over to just the powder when you are used to it. Many recommend a one-half teaspoon of powder in a warm cup of water daily for the most benefit. However, capsules have shown to be just as therapeutic, but without  having to experience the hottness factor.

If you are not used to eating or taking Cayenne Pepper, be aware that for about the first 3 consecutive days, you may experience some mild nausia as the Capsaicin begins the healing process within your body. Once the first 3 days is over you will begin to feel really good and your body will have gained a tolerance to the heat of the capsaicin.

To learn more about Cayenne Pepper visit:
 http://www.cayennepepper.info 

You may also do a web search for information on Cayenne Pepper.

A book called, "Healing Spices" published in 2011, has a very in depth chapter concerning Cayenne Pepper. It is available at many major bookstores and, of course, through large internet booksellers.

*****
Disclaimer: No part of this article is meant  to diagnose, treat or cure any disease or illness. As with any supplement, you may want to check with your healthcare provider first.

15 comments:

  1. I like to put a little in my hot cocoa on a chilly night.... it really warms you up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My dad used to take them as a capsule every night. I remember when he first let me try it when I was little - I drank 1/2 a gallon of milk after that experience! Haven't tried it since then LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It goes great in chocolate cupcakes or even in your chocolate fondu for a kick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great info here! Thanks for educating me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent news I eat a lot of chill but i don't know if they are the right ones I'll check out your link. Thnaks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love your blogs, you always have some very interesting information on the different spices, which my husband then will find a reason to add to whatever he is making for dinner :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't rub your nose if you have a little on your fingers and yes ask me how I know this! lol. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm a fan of cayenne pepper. Once a week I mix several drops of cayenne extract (liquid) into organic lemon juice, distilled water, and organic grade b syrup...sounds icky, but tastes like spiked lemonade. it knocks a cold out almost immediately. the same concoction is also used as a "fasting" supplement. everything you need for the body is contained in the combined ingredients.. I once did a 7 day fast just drinking this and water....perfect detox for the body..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I had no idea! Thanks for the interesting info. I'm going to look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  10. wow, very interesting! i might just give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE Hot peppers in all forms! Good stuff

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmm, I love cayenne peppers. Good to know it's also healthy!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW! I had NO idea. But I love hot peppers, so now I'm educated about them too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. thanks again for such interesting info! We use a lot of chilli powder in cooking here but I had no idea it is so beneficial!

    ReplyDelete

*********************************************************

Search This Blog