--GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON--

GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON

Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

COLOR MIXING PART 7

TRIAD & TETRAD COMPLEMENTARY COLORS

Learning how to use the color wheel in every day applications can be both challenging and rewarding.

We have reviewed several color harmonies using the color wheel during the past few weeks.

The final two color harmonies that we will be discussing are Triad and Tetrad complementary colors.

Triad colors are three colors that are equally spaced on the color wheel as shown in the diagram below:
 Tetrad colors are four colors that are equally spaced on the color wheel as shown in the diagram below:

Next week I will be sharing with you a list of important Color Definations that you can use as a reference guide.  In the weeks to come I will be showing you how to use all of the information found in my complete color wheel tutorial for everyday application and design.

Have a great day! Deb

13 comments:

  1. I have been interested in learning more about color mixing since I started playing with Polymer clay..This looks really good..Thank You for this greatly illuminating series :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a color mixing chart that I use all the time. I use it because Premo polymer clay is based on the painters palette...that means I follow a painters palette formulary for mixing to get the same colors as a painter would.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. Reminds me of an art class I took.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great articles... I've got a clearer understanding to mixing colors and the color wheel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your color posts! They are great reminders for when I get into my studio space.

    ReplyDelete
  6. thanks for making these theories seem so approachable! :) can't wait for your lessons on how to use this! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Who knew?! My husband is good at mixing colors, but this will help me help him out a little:)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is very interesting and useful information. Thank you Deb
    xo Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, and good information!

    ReplyDelete

*********************************************************

Search This Blog