--GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON--

GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON

Translate

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

A LESSON IN COLOR MIXING PART 5

Our lesson on color mixing today will focus on Triadic Color Harmony.

To find a Triadic Color Harmony on the color wheel, select a color, then choose two additional colors that are equally spaced apart. This concept is shown in the color wheel diagram below.


The color chart that is located below the color wheel above shows how triadic colors compliment each other.

Using the concepts of selecting color harmonies is helpful in everyday living as we choose pleasing colors to design knitting, crochet & sewing projects, designing home decor, entertaining, cooking, creating artwork and in almost every aspect of life.

The next lesson on color harmonies will show how to use  Split Complementary Colors.
See you then, Deb

18 comments:

  1. I am using all this cool info to plan colors for the new collection for the holidays! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb,
    Great information presented in a really basic, understandable way! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so handy, and just in time for me to color coordinate my home accessories as I put them in place (I just moved).

    ReplyDelete
  4. there's nothing I love more than mixing colors! So hard to make a choice coz you have to leave out all the other ones:(( Thanksss

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your color mixing tuts have been really helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the color mixing posts. Everyone can use a refresher once in a while.

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the lesson! it's always good to know these techniques...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post! Every now and then is good to go over the basics.

    ReplyDelete
  9. great info once again.......thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great information. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. another great color tutorial. I'm getting some ideas :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thanks for the information. I will definitely be referring to this often with my photography.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value. Im glad to have found this post as its such an interesting one! I am always on the lookout for quality posts and articles so i suppose im lucky to have found this! I hope you will be adding more in the future...
    Omega 3 Essential fatty acids

    ReplyDelete

*********************************************************

Search This Blog