--GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON--

GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON

Translate

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

ANTIQUE CABINET REVEALED!

JUNE 1, 2011

Thanks for the interesting comments and suggestions on "WHAT WOULD YOU DO?" with the antique canning cabinet.

I had many creative ideas from you dear readers. Most of those ideas were really great and I only wish that I had thought of those myself. =)

Painting it a bright vibrant color such as turquoise or pink and repurposing it into a storage cabinet for games, supplies, pictures, books, etc. seemed to be the most popular idea.

One of you thought the "doors" would look good on her walls in some creative way.

My idea seems rather bland compared to some of yours, but here's what I did with it. Painted it a creamy semi-gloss white(country white), closed the doors, turned it around so the doors were against the wall, then arranged some of my favorite things on the shelves along with my favorite new and vintage books!




This cabinet is very heavy so it took three strong guys to carry it from down in the garage up to my dining room. I would have preferred it rested in my livingroom, however, there was no way it was going through the small opening from the kitchen into the livingroom.

It was a fun project and I may try out some of your suggestions in the future. I think it would look great with bead board enclosing the back(which is now the front), then painting it one of those vibrant colors you all suggested. Then, removing the upper doors, making it into a more hutch type display cabinet on top and using the lower cabinet for storage. I have some really interesting items to display on the shelves.

When I get the time to repurpose the cabinet again, I'll let you know. For now, I have plenty of projects on my list this summer... Deb =)

*********

Just for my readers..... I am offering complimentary free beauty consultations on the care and problems of skin, hair and nails. Just drop me a line with your questions at: uniquecozytreasures@gmail.com All questions, comments, names and email addresses, etc. are confidental. I do hold an Associates Degree in Applied Arts and Sciences in Cosmetology with many years of experience.

Everyone have a GREAT DAY!

22 comments:

  1. I never would have though of that! Looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it looks great! I wish I had an eye for doing something like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Job! Repurposing things is always fun! Especially when you get such great results! I think you need another project, this one turned out so well!
    Carol from Carol'sJewelryOrchard

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with Glitterbird ... I'd never have thought of using the cabinet with the doors turned around to the wall. Very creative, and it looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never would have thought of turning it around either! Nice!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I have been waiting for this post:)It looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I ought to consult with you on my skin and nails. Then you could 'repurpose old things' of a different sort. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so excited to see what you have done! It looks great! I wish I was as good at repurposing items as you are. I'm going to have to work on it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks great! Luv the beadboard idea! Can't wait to see your next remodel.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks great! I might have to take you up on the beauty consulting. Or you could always guest blog at The Blog Entourage after I add a Beauty & Style tab!:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that idea. It looks so shabby chic. I may have to copy your idea.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job! Love the way you turned it around! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the look of the doors peeking through the back. Fantastic Save!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh, so pretty! I love refinishing old furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great job, it really looks wonderful and useful.

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a cool idea -- I think it came out beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Very well done!! I had never thought about turning it around. Looks GREAT!!!!

    ReplyDelete

*********************************************************

Search This Blog