--GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON--

GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON

Translate

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

"NO FAIL" BANANA BREAD






Ymmmm..... It's Banana Bread time again. With Banana Bread being one of my most "favorite things",   I've struggled to find just the perfect recipe that I can always count on to bake perfectly inside and out.  This recipe turns out a beautifully baked Banana Bread with just the right amount of moistness on the inside, yet is perfectly baked inside and out.

Have you ever experienced the disappointment of cutting into your freshly baked Banana Bread only to find that it is undercooked on the inside? Most of us have, I know I have had that experience  and it left me very frustrated so I avoided baking it at all for many years.

Several years ago I stumbled upon a Banana Bread recipe in a vintage cookbook. I baked it up and it was very good. However, I felt that it could definately use some improvement. So, I many a few adjustments and also added a few ingredients to come up with this fantastic Banana Bread that I am certain you and your family will enjoy eating with your Thanksgiving and Christmas dinner, as well as, many other occasions.  Enjoy!


"NO FAIL" BANANA BREAD

1 cup granulated sugar
1/3 cup softened butter
2 large eggs, slightly beaten
1/3 water
1 1/2 cup mashed ripe bananas (3-4 medium)
1 2/3 cups all-purpose white flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 salt
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
dash of  ground cloves
3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Grease the bottom of an 8 1/2 x 4 1/4 x 2 1/2 inch loaf pan with a little softened butter. Grease only the bottom of the pan being sure to grease the corners. Do not grease the sides of the pan.

In a separate bowl slightly beat the eggs then set aside. In another bowl mix the granulated sugar with the butter. Stir in the eggs and blend well. Add the mashed bananas, blend.  Add the water. Manually beat the mixture for 30 seconds.

Mix well all of the  dry ingredients in a separate bowl, then add it to the moist ingredients. Stir until all ingredients are well incorporated and are moistened. Add the walnuts and stir well again. Pour into a greased loaf pan.

Bake on the center rack of your oven at 350 degrees for 72 minutes. Cool for  5 minutes, then loosen sides of loaf with a knife; remove from pan. Cool completely before slicing.

6 comments:

  1. Now that sounds awesome! I am going to make this tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Banana Bread is the only food with banana in it that I like. Sounds delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love banana bread and am for sure going to try this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG.... I have never ate banana bread but its sound sooo yummy !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to give this a try! :) sounds delish!

    ReplyDelete

*********************************************************

Search This Blog