--GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON--

GET MY BOOKS AT AMAZON

Translate

Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A LESSON IN COLOR MIXING PART 2

In today's lesson on color mixing I  will share with you an easy way to mix INTERMEDIATE COLORS  and how to mix TINTS, TONES and SHADES.

INTERMEDIATE  colors are  reached by mixing one primary color +(plus) one secondary color as shown in the diagram below.
TINTS are achieved by adding  WHITE to a color.

TONES are achieved by adding GRAY to a color.

SHADES  are achieved by adding  BLACK to a color.

The amount of WHITE, GRAY or BLACK  that is added to a color will determine the intensity of the TINT, TONE, or SHADE.

Next week I will be sharing with you how to determine WARM and COOL colors.  Colors that reflect emotional values.

I hope you have enjoyed this week's lesson on color mixing. Please stop by next time for more on color mixing technique.

Have a great day............Deb


10 comments:

  1. Great info...I know I learned all the terms back in art class, but that has been a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, it's been a while since I learned this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mastering the color wheel!! Great information!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the info....I've always been challenged by the color wheel...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't remember any of this! Thanks for the smattering of tint, tone, and shade information! It's been since middle school art that I learned all this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, I never realized that, thanks for defining it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a really great contest and hopefully I can attend the next one. It was alot of fun and I really enjoyed myself..
    Omega 3 Essential fatty acids

    ReplyDelete

*********************************************************

Search This Blog